Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Mother the Photographer

The majority of my posts are accompanied by a photograph that depicts the subject of my story in the post.  One thing that you will begin to notice about my pictures is that there is one person that is included in very few of them, and that would be my mother.  The reason for this is that she was the picture taking person in our family.  She always had her Kodak "Brownie" box camera handy and was snapping pictures of the family activities.  She always seemed to have the camera handy when they was a Kodak moment.  I am thankful for her hobby because I have inherited all of the pictures and negatives that she had collected over the years and have spent many hours enjoying them while trying to get them organized and digitized.  These pictures are the memory joggers that I use to remember some of the things that happened in our family as I was growing up and these are the things that I am sharing in my posts.  The picture above is one of the rare ones that includes mother.   The handsome fellow beside her is my dad.  This picture I would guess was made in the early 1940's and was made in front of my grandparent's house in Unionville.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim - welcome to the Geneabloggers community!! I look forward to reading more from you in the future!

    Lisa
    http://www.1ancestry2littletime.com

    ReplyDelete