Wednesday, December 21, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM UNIONVILLE


Merry Christmas From The Unionville Joneses!

 The Unionville Joneses wish you a very merry Christmas and a very happy and prosperous New Year.  If you haven't done so look at my page "Unionville Stories" and click on the link to my story about "Christmas in Unionville".  This story was written several years ago and tells of some of the activities in the small community of Unionville during Christmas time.  Christmas was a very special time for my family and I will forever hold precious memories of the Christmas mornings that we spent together.  My father would get up early and fix us a scrumptious (we called it laripin) breakfast and mother would always have the radio on playing Christmas music to set the mood.

The pictures to the left show Christmas time in my parents living room during two different periods.  The top picture was made during the late 1950's and shows my sister Penny, my brother Richard and myself in front of our Christmas tree.  I am sure that the Christmas tree was a real tree.  Mother would not allow a artificial tree to be in her house during this time.  The bottom picture was made in the late 1960's and show my wife Esther, myself, and our two children at that time, Lynne and James, Jr.  There were always plenty of presents for everyone piled under the Christmas tree.  Take special notice of the Christmas tree in this picture.  It was an artificial aluminum tree that was mother's pride and joy.  Her views on the type of tree to have for Christmas had certainly changed in the years between these two pictures.  This tree came with a spot light with a multicolored wheel that would change the color of the tree as the wheel rotated.  This was a sight to behold through the picture window at the front of our house.

I hope that everyone has pleasant memories of Christmas during the time they were growing up and will take time to pass these memories on to their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment